Friday 11 October 2013

You CAN do it.

If there's one thing I've learnt since starting uni three weeks ago, it's that, you have to be prepared for what's inevitably going to happen. Even if you think you're not going to like it, just think you can endure it and maybe when it actually happens it won't be anywhere near as bad you thought it would be. And hey, it won't kill you.
Just in the same way I was wary that if I chose to do Japanese I'll probably be in a class full of crazy anime fans (no offence) that I couldn't relate to and if I started attending hip hop classes by myself I'll probably find it hard to make friends. I don't know if my negative thinking made those things happen just the way I thought they would be (especially the hip hop class) but I survived. I enjoy learning Japanese and I enjoy dancing, especially hip hop dancing.

Just last night, I just went to the hip hop class that the Cheerleaders at my uni hold late in the evening (when it's dark and scary for a young pretty girl with no martial arts experience to be taking the bus home alone) and like I assumed the Cheerleaders are crazy. lol. But it's alright, I was kind of alone... but once I got warming up and dancing it was good. I really liked the choreography and that beats my fear that the choreo was going to be lame because I haven't seen much good hip hop dancing in this country - as opposed to the US.
Because of the fact that I went there on my own and was there alone I was heavily thinking that I should not go again because I HATE being alone. It's one of the things I hate the most. Of course I prefer doing certain things alone like shopping and running errands or something but things that are supposed to be done with friends I hate doing alone and that was one of those things. It's just scary to me, it's one of my fears, along with heights and paedophiles.
There was a fitness session the very next morning that started at 7:30am. I didn't even know about this before I went to the hip hop class in the evening and I was like: 7:30am! Hell no!
Seriously, I was very ill. Going out in the cold night wasn't a wise decision but it was something I had to do in as my last chance to do the hip hop class, but I getting to my uni for 7:30am the next morning would definitely not be a wise decision because it would mean I would have to get up at 4 in the morning which would mean I would have only 4 hours asleep. I'm sorry but I'm not a kpop idol, I'm a student. I need time to rest and recuperate because I am very ill. When you're ill, you need to sleep, not wake up after barely 4 hours and go out in the cold and then do some intense physical exercise. I saw on facebook, that the secretary was not happy that people did not show up that morning. That kind of scared me off going again even more, but I do plan to show up next week when I'm all better if they'll allow me.

Well... I wish I could 've found someone to do this whole dancing thing with me but... we'll see for now. I'm not saying I'm making a commitment to this especially as I feel like I don't fit in with these people. I just wish I could start a kpop dance cover crew. Message me if you live in the West Midlands, UK and you're interested. *gets no messages*

lol. The message of this post is: Take the opportunities that are offered to you, take them wholeheartedly and make the most of them. You don't have to write your name in blood and don't let anyone make you think that you do. Do as I say, as I'm trying to live by my own advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment